How excited am I? Super duper excited. First of all, one huge thank you to TheSecretLifeCoachofDC, a blog I already read and love. I believe she actually found me first, commenting on a blog post a while ago. She rocks seven different ways.
What a wonderful way to brighten a rainy day after a rather rough weekend. This week’s looking up though, thankfully.
So, here are the ‘rules’, if you will, of this award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Questions from my Nominator:
1. If you could were a superhero, what would your name be?
Something X-men-y, like “Rogue” or “Phoenix”. I’d want my powers to be something along the lines of reading emotions and influencing others. I wouldn’t want it to be Sookie Stackhouse-esque. More like something I could decide.
2. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Honestly? The community I’m finding. I never realized how many people I had so much in common with, and how much I could learn from others. I love sharing myself with the world. It makes me think about what I do, think, and eat more carefully.
3. What blog do you follow most religiously?
4. What is your biggest fear in life?
That I won’t be successful. That I won’t be happy with myself and my life. I’m terrified of failure.
5. Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, what was your favorite book?
OH MY GOD YES. I actually put off reading the first book for a significant amount of time, like probably almost a year, because I didn’t want to be like everybody else. And then, one night, I guiltily read the entire book and FELL IN LOVE and wanted to be Hermione in the movie. My favorite book is probably the sixth or seventh. I’ve read the seventh book no less than fifteen times.
6. What’s your favorite Halloween costume that you’ve ever worn?
Well, considering that for the better part of my childhood I was a princess in varying forms, I don’t have too much to go on. In college, I mostly threw things together and I’m still embarrassed by some (the “Morning After” in particular…they’re called pants, self). My favorite might be the year I went as the guy from Scream and everyone thought I was a dude. Weirdly enough, I’m not the world’s hugest fan of dressing up for Halloween. It’s one of those “in theory yes, in practice…eehh…”
7. Favorite workout routine?
Oh, it’s a tie!
– Total Body Conditioning: A class at my gym. My favorite instructor is upbeat, does the workout with you so she knows when to slow it down or speed it up, and makes me feel like I’ve worked every muscle in my body. Love it.
– Yoga. Now, I am an all around yoga fan and my favorite aspect of the practice is the deeper spiritual state I am to find within myself. BUT there is one instructor who does that and leaves my shoulders, arms, abs, and back sore the next day. I can appreciate that!
8. What is your dream career?
Freelance writer. Honestly. But, because I know that getting ‘there’ will be a long and difficult road unless I come up with the next great American novel, I also have my sights set on working in administration in a higher education setting. I would love to work with students in college.
9. If you had to choose a color to represent your personality, what would it be and why?
Hmm. I think my personality color changes with the colors I decorate my room. Sometimes it’s a pale yellow, sea foam green, or kind of cloudy blue. Others it’s that perfect pale peach. The book “Delirium” described a color that I still love: a sort of gray right before the sun rises. A fawn gray with a promise. Not a direct quote, but still that color. I think they all describe me. I’m a constantly changing personality!
10. Do you believe in horoscopes? Why or why not?
Not particularly. I like to listen to them sometimes for the fun of it if someone’s reading them.
11. Name your greatest passion in life.
11 Random Facts About Moi
1. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. It’s really hard for me to hide how I’m feeling.
2. I miss swimming so much sometimes I’m afraid I’m just addicted to the chlorine.
3. Countries I’ve been to include: Spain, Portugal, Canada, Mexico, Aruba, Haiti, and Jamaica. There are a few other islands in the Caribbean but you get my drift.
4. I am inescapably shy sometimes. At my job I’m fantastic at introducing myself to people I don’t know and striking up conversations but throw me in a group of people and I don’t know most of them? Oh look there’s a TV, I think I’ll befriend that for a while.
5. My biggest pet peeve IN THE WORLD is when someone doesn’t respond to a text that’s a question/pertinent or a phone call.
6. I love tea. Especially yogi tea. Mmm.
7. I love cleaning, especially other people’s homes. I have my entire life. I used to babysit and clean, I cleaned my friend’s rooms when I slept over. Cleaning my own car? Not likely. Cleaning your car? Suuure! There’s probably some weird underlying psychological factor to it, but who cares? Clean stuff!
8. I love cooking for the process. Often times I don’t even want to eat what I make because all I really wanted to do was make it.
9. I can sing and play piano. Zing!
10. I won first place for a straight news story in a countywide newspaper competition.
11. In fifth grade, I lost the middle school spelling bee by misspelling the word “psychology”. Guess what I studied in college?
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
2. What was the most awkward date you’ve ever been on?
3. Which words do you have the most trouble spelling off-handedly?
4. If you could live one day in another era, which would it be? Why?
5. Paper or plastic?
6. If you could stand in front of Congress and deliver a world-ending filibuster, what topic would you choose?
7. What are ten things you’re thankful for today?
8. If you could be a character in a movie, who would you be?
9. What is your greatest pet peeve?
10. What is your weirdest quirk?
11. Do you make your bed everyday?
Aileen at Army Pants and Flip Flops
Ebenezer at ZinRunning
Meg at RunFitKin
David at CollegeTri
Leslie at AndHerLittleDogToo
I need eleven, so I’ll be updating this within the next day with the rest!
An update on my life:
Sorry I haven’t been updating the past two weeks – This time of year is hard for me because, for some reason, I always seem to get depressed for a few weeks in the beginning of spring. Not Christmas, like most normal seasonally depressed folks. So motivating myself to do things for the pure pleasure of it has been harder. But I’m forcing myself out and about because I need it. Don’t worry though, I still have a workout for all of you involving 50 kettle ball swings (oh faaaave) and pictures of Steve.
I think I need to get back to doing things for me again. I’ve been really focusing on the guy in my life and, you know, it’s not healthy for me. Not insulting him or anything, just reminding myself that I should be finding things that make me happy and if someone else wants to share in them, they can.
I’m off to work – Hopefully I’ll have a post for you tomorrow afternoon!